Would you like to be a Spring Thread® model?
Get a long lasting lift and save
Spring Thread® lifting preserves natural beauty by correcting sagging facial and neck skin. It works by repositioning the tissues upward, erasing the sad and tired look: nasolabial folds, bitterness folds, jowls and wrinkles are reduced to restore a harmonious and more youthful looking face.
Spring Thread® is the unique cosmetic thread that has similar elasticity to skin, meaning it allows for normal and natural facial movement and expression, and so gives extremely natural looking results – the face can ‘live’.
Made in France since 2008.
Photos range from before treatment and between 9-18 months after, courtesy of Dr Denis Guillo.
CHARACTERISTICS OF SPRING THREAD®
Thread lifting has become a popular treatment option for people wishing to correct facial skin sagging without undergoing more invasive surgical lifting treatments.
Different threads can be made of different materials but many only provide a temporary lift to sagging skin as they quickly disintegrate and are expelled by the body. Spring Thread®, however, is made from more durable materials – they are safe and perfectly compatible with the skin and body.
This means that the lifting effect lasts for years with a high proportion of people happy with their result after two years and more. Over the years and due to normal facial aging, the skin will gradually succumb to gravity and the effect of the treatment will slowly fade. After which, people can have Spring Thread® again if they wish.
Along the Spring Thread® threads are rounded cogs that point in the 4 directions and they provide a non-traumatic and very effective lift to sagging skin.
Spring Thread® thread is uniquely flexible and elastic, lengthening and shortening with the movements of the face. The result is a very natural effect.
Spring Thread’s objective is to replace the connective tissue which has become weak and slack, lifting the facial skin in a diagonal way – upwards and back.
It is ideal for people with mild to moderate skin sagging who don’t quite need or want surgical face lifting.
There is an immediate lift to the skin, reducing the nasolabial fold and lifting sagging skin from the lower face and jowls, and repositioning it higher up the face. You look like you but a younger version. Sad and tired faces are revived as more youthful facial definition is achieved.
There is a progressive improvement of skin vitality over several months as Spring Thread® also stimulates collagen production and skin regeneration.
WHAT HAPPENS IN TREATMENT?
The doctor leading the training will make a final assessment and identify where the Spring Thread’s will be placed on your face to achieve the maximum benefits, and draw the entry and exit points of the threads and their path.
Your skin will be sterilised and hair bunched up if necessary. The doctor may redraw the guide lines if they are no longer visible.
Before the first thread is placed, the area being treated is anaesthetised so it becomes numb, making this a painless procedure.
INSERTING THE THREADS
The area being treated is first anaesthetised so it becomes numb, making this a painless procedure.
The lower strand of the thread goes down the face and exits. The skin along the thread path is immediately lifted. The thread shown lifts the skin from the marionette line.
Two further threads are placed which lift the nasolabial fold and jowls. This is then repeated on the other side of the face before the ends of the threads are snipped off.
It is recommend that your practitioner reviews you around a week after the procedure. It is possible for them to make any corrections or even remove the threads if desired. After this time, new collagen forming around the thread will fix it in position allowing for sustained, long term lift.
How people feel about the treatment varies from one person to another. Some say they’ve had worse experiences at the dentist, for others, there can a little bruising and swelling for a few days after. We would recommend putting your feet up for a few days. Here is a list of the most common side-effects which you may, or may not, encounter.
- Bruises and swelling (Haematoma/Oedema) which dies down quickly and dispels from 2-14 days after.
- Bunching of the skin, typical at the temporal area, disappears within a couple of weeks as the skin reorganises itself in an elevated position.
- Pain, often a headache, which is manageable with pain killers and goes within a day or so,
- Inflammation can occur and the doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication or an ice pack for one or two days.
You should follow certain recommendations after your treatment and avoid other things.
THINGS TO DO
- Wear a bandage for a couple of days to keep the skin in position.
- Sleep with your head slightly raised for the first 3 nights and sleep on your back as much as possible, for the first 5 nights.
- Wash and dry your face very gently, from bottom to top, in the first 5 days.
- Shave or wash your hair gently in the first 5 days.
- Wash hands often.
WHAT TO AVOID
- Facial massages and aesthetic treatments on the face, for 2 weeks.
- Any sport, specially contact sports, for 3 weeks.
- Dental treatment for 3 weeks.
- Sudden movements and overly pronounced facial expressions (yawning) for 3 weeks.
- Pool, sauna or haman, for a few weeks.
- Solar exposure for 2 weeks.
- Excessive contact with animals.
- No creams / make up on the face for one week. Eye makeup and lipstick are OK. If you have to apply sunblock, all entry/ exit sites of the thread must be avoided.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We recommend you put your feet up for a couple of days after the treatment and avoid sports activities or parties. It varies from person to person but some swelling is quite normal which normally reduces within 48 hours. Very occasionally there can be a little bruising. Your face will feel tight for the first week but relax a little each day.
People tend to be very happy to elevate their face but it puts people’s mind at rest to know that Spring Thread can be removed should you feel unhappy with the result. Sometimes, it can feel a little tight and the doctor can also relax the thread in the first few weeks after.
You would not be suitable for the treatment if you have any serious medical conditions. Some people are unsuitable due to excessive wrinkles or very heavy facial tissue. The doctor will perform a full consultation prior to treatment to ensure you are completely suitable for it.
The cost depends on how many threads the doctor uses in your treatment. Different clinics also charge different rates depending on many factors including their location. For the face lifting, the prices tend to range between £2,500 and £3,500. We charge substantially less for models5
Our training schedule currently covers central London and Glasgow. It is ideal if you are within practical travelling distance from the training venue as we recommend you have someone drive you home.
How it works is:
1) Register your details on the form below.
2) You will receive email updates notifying you of when and where we have model opportunities. These will be sent out a few times a year.
3) You can reply to that email stating you’d like to be considered and we ask that you send a front and side profile image via email or WhatsApp. Our doctor will make an initial assessment of your suitability.
4) If you are a good candidate for the treatment, a full consultation will be arranged with the doctor which can be done in person or over WhatsApp video calling.
5) On completion of the consultation, the treatment and all details will be confirmed.
Subscribe to the model list!
Follow us on Instagram or Facebook to see more of our results!